The 2021 Lenten season begins on Ash Wednesday, February 17. See our Holy Week page for services and activities.
Below, you will find a number of resources you can use for prayer and reflection during the Lenten season.
St. Paul Lenten Study: Sundays at 11:00am, via Zoom.
Text: 40 Day Journey with Howard Thurman
Online retreats and books:
• Pray As You Go “Growing Back Better” retreat link and schedule.
• Engage: A Lenten Guide for Spiritual Growth free downloadable ebook
• Other Lenten books from the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute can be found here.
• Free Daily Meditations from the Henri Nouwen Society
• The Spirituality and Practice website is offering several e-courses for the Lenten season.
• The Windsong Room (108) has many books with Lenten themes that can be checked out. The Windsong Room is open whenever the building is open for browsing, reading, meditation, and book borrowing. Just be sure to use the sign-out form to record the title, date, and your name and contact information. A selection of Lenten books can be found on the Special Interest shelf.
Lenten Playlist on Spotify, compiled by Lori Elbert.
Traditional Lenten Playlist on YouTube, compiled by Jim McFarland.
Lent at Ephsus album
St. Paul Lenten Devotional 2021 – This devotional was written by members of St. Paul a few years ago. We’ve updated the devotional book with 2021 dates.
Methodist Prayer: “Methodist Prayer is based on Daily Prayer, the Church of England’s form of service for morning and evening prayer. Early Christians continued the Jewish practice of reciting prayers at certain hours of the day and night, and this practice became what is known in various Christian traditions as the Liturgy of the Hours, Divine Office, Daily Office or canonical hours.”
Dismantling Racism Lenten Devotionals from UMC Bishops – “The Council of Bishops invites the people of The United Methodist Church to a season of introspection and self-examination. Together this Lent, we will confess and fast from the sin of racism, discrimination, oppression and exclusion and feast on the beauty and blessing of the diversity of God’s Church.”
|HIGHLANDS COMMUNITY MINISTRIES LENTEN LUNCH SERIES 2021:|
A Pandemic Lenten Journey
Thursdays during LentFebruary 25 through March 25noon to 1pmVirtually, by Zoom
Join HCM as local Highlands Ministers share devotions on Zoom, bringing us together virtually to interact and examine our spiritual journeys during these trying times.
Feb. 25: Mary Alice Birdwhistel, Highland Baptist
Mar. 4: Megan McCarty, Highland Presbyterian
Mar. 11: David Platt, Deer Park Baptist
Mar. 18: Bellarmine Campus Ministry
Mar. 25: Rachel Small-Stokes, Immanuel UCC
Zoom Meeting Info: Same Link and Password Each Week
Meeting ID: 838 6783 1253 Passcode: 790753
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,83867831253#,,,,*790753# US (Chicago)
Or dial by your location: +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)