The Resource Center
Please enjoy the following video, which provides an overview of the services provided by the Resource Center, St. Paul’s primary outreach to the community.
Due to the Covid-19 virus outbreak, our regular Resource Center services have been suspended. However, we continue to serve those to come to the church in need, as well as providing resources to other area ministries, such as South Louisville Ministries and Highland Community Ministries. We also continue to serve those in need who come to our doors on Monday and Wednesday, 10:00am-1:00pm. To that end, we continue to have needs for donations to our Resource Center.
In addition, we have launched our Mobile Resource Center! On the second Saturday of every month, we load up the church bus with clothing, shoes, toiletries, and more and take it to Fourth Ave UMC in Old Louisville. During their Open Door Community Ministry, which feeds the food insecure five days per week, we set up our Mobile Resource Center to serve the unhoused and in-need population.
To make your donation shopping a little easier, you can purchase from our wish lists, which will ship the items directly to the church:
Visit our Amazon Wish List here.
Visit our Dollar Days Wish List here.
We have an ongoing need for:
- New or gently-used t-shirts and seasonal clothing
- Pop-top canned goods
- Individually-wrapped food items, such as fruit cups and peanut butter crackers
- New socks and underwear for both men and women
- Sturdy shoes for both men and women (all sizes, but we tend to run low are large men’s shoes – sizes 12 and up)
- New toiletries, such as soap, body wash, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste, dental floss, lotion, sunscreen, bug repellent, chapstick (we can use both travel size and regular size for most of these items)