Dr. Julia Mitchell is leading us in learning about Resilience. We’ve compiled a list of resources below.
KET is highlighting mental and emotional health needs of youth in Kentucky. The following segments are scheduled for viewing:
- Monday, May 27 at 9 pm on KET: “Whole Child, Whole School” and “Depression and Anxiety”
- Monday, June 3 at 9 pm on KET: “Trauma and Toxic Stress” and “Suicide Prevention/Teaching Hope”
You may access the May 20th segments as well as the ones above online at https://www.ket.org/series/KYOUN/
- ACES Connection
- Childhood Trauma Ted Talk
- Developing Child (Harvard)
- How to Raise a Resilient Kid but not a Stubborn Loner
- Books: The Deepest Well: Healing the Lon-Term Effects of Childhood Adversity by Nadine Burke Harris, How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough, and Raising Kids to Thrive: Balancing Love with Expectations and Protection with Trust by Kenneth Ginsburg.
If you would like to explore volunteer opportunities, please visit our Portland Promise page by clicking below.
Survey of interest in topics for Raising a Resilient Child
The Resilience Team would like to find out how many people in the congregation would be interested in topics for Raising a Resilient Child. The focus would be on adult training and such sessions would be featured at this upcoming fall semester of Wesley Night. Please indicate your level of interest with each question by filling out the survey at link below by May 19.